Gas & Power Marketing maximizes the value of natural gas, natural gas liquids, associated products, power, sales and related infrastructure by capitalizing on growing gas markets and adding value from the source to the customer.
Gas & Power Marketing is seeking outstanding people to provide business analysis and commercial support for negotiations involving the corporation's liquefied natural gas, flowing natural gas, natural gas liquids and power businesses and to manage a specific portfolio of natural gas by interfacing with production, transportation and Commercial team members.Candidates should demonstrate the following:
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong computer-based analytical/modeling skills
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Strategic thinking and creativity
- Desire to explore the commercial, technical and operational aspects of the business
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Long-term career orientation with international mobility
Candidates will not know what their first assignment will be until actually starting work and, once employed, they will rotate through a variety of positions.
Your responsibilityGas & Power Marketing employees are embedded in Upstream Commercial and involved in cross-functional teams throughout entire asset life cycles and the entire value chain.
Possible starting assignment responsibilities include:
- Developing project economics in support of commercial negotiations with external partners.
- Conducting analysis and developing recommendations for specific project contracting strategies, new business development and bid proposals
- Contributing to cross-functional internal/external teams to assist with project definition, cost analysis and schedule for new project opportunities
- Providing business analysis for diverse corporate initiatives
- Managing and optimizing the value of a specific portfolio of natural gas, natural gas liquids and associated products (e.g., helium)
- Determining the natural gas available for sale by interfacing with U.S. Production organization
- Recommending sales strategies for value optimization
- Negotiating with third-party transportation and customer contacts to resolve imbalances
- Real-time problem solving to provide recommendations for natural gas, natural gas liquids, and power sales and purchases in the wake of planned and unplanned production shortfalls (e.g., hurricanes, maintenance, turnarounds, etc.)
Initial assignments will be in Houston with ExxonMobil or in Fort Worth with XTO. Over the course of a career, Upstream Commercial employees may have an opportunity to work in office locations outside of the USA.
Gas & Power Marketing offers a wide range of development opportunities through formal and informal training in commercial skills, such as negotiation and influencing, profitability analysis, and gas and power business knowledge. Incoming team members are encouraged to take internal classes outside of their skill areas to expand knowledge in all aspects of the energy industry.
New employees benefit from a structured career development plan and formal mentor program that exposes them to Upstream Commercial business activities. Starting and subsequent positions include exposure to activities of other ExxonMobil functional companies (Exploration, Upstream Ventures, Development, Production, XTO, Upstream Research, Chemicals, Fuels and Lubes, Research and Engineering, and Refining and Supply) and staff functions (Treasurer's, Law, Tax, Procurement and Audit) to develop broad business knowledge and skills necessary for senior management positions.
By assuming immediate responsibility as a full contributor to an active team, incoming analysts benefit from working alongside senior employees progressing world-scale projects.